Door Jammer: Portable Security Device
The DoorJammer is a new unique portable door security device for anyone needing privacy and security. It is an ideal solution for people traveling, working, or at home. The DoorJammer is a simple way to prevent unwanted intrusions into any room and provide peace of mind.
We are delighted that DoorJammer has been accredited by Secured by Design (SBD)*, the official UK Police flagship initiative supporting ‘design out crime’. SBD is owned by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO).
DoorJammer had to pass Secured by Design’s enhanced performance tests, which are independently monitored. These included DoorJammer withstanding impact tests* with a 50kg (110lb) weight being applied to the door.
Important: as you can see in the pictures there needs to be a small space (about 1/8") below the door for the base of the DoorJammer to slide under. This space is normally found under interior doors but not under all exterior doors.
- Designed for Strength: the horizontal force being exerted on the door from the outside is converted into a vertical force to anchor the DoorJammer firmly into the ground.
- Works on all doors with at least 1/8" gap below the door: it can be fitted to most doors in seconds. Attempted forced entry will 'jam' the door shut and provide both security and privacy.
- Works on all Floors: the rubber coated foot pad allows the DoorJammer to be installed on any type of surface: hardwood floor, carpet, tile, linoleum, etc.
- Easily Removed in case of emergency: the DoorJammer can be easily pulled-off the door; simply pull the DoorJammer upward and it will remove itself from its locked position enabling you to escape the room quickly in case of an emergency.
- Compact and lightweight making it great for travel: with a weight of only 8 oz and size of 4 3/4" high and 2 3/4" wide the DoorJammer makes the perfect travel companion. Easily slips inside your purse, suitcase, or backpack.
- Rubber coated foot pad
- Black Carrying Case
- Instruction Manual
The Greater the Force of the Attempted Entry, the Stronger it Holds
The horizontal force being exerted on the door from the outside is converted into a vertical force to anchor the DoorJammer firmly into the ground.
Not only does this prevent the door from moving horizontally, it also forces the door upward, increasing the DoorJammer's grip and reducing the chances of its foot slipping on the floor.
Tough on Burglars, Safe for Your Family
In case of an emergency, the DoorJammer can quickly be removed from beneath the door. Simply pull it the upward and it will release from it's locked position.